Sunday, March 27, 2011

18

Our firstborn turned 18 today. He came home from college this weekend to celebrate.We had a relaxing weekend, out to dinner last night and chocolate cake this afternoon. His friends were here most of the weekend, of course. His car wouldn't start, so his Dad had to drive him the three hours back to college this evening. He can pretty much walk anywhere he needs to go in Nashville, so hopefully we'll just get his car to him when the semester ends in just six weeks.

What can I say about him? He is more than we ever could have imagined. He is so familiar to us, yet he never ceases to interest and even amaze us. We love to be with him. We miss him when he's away, but we are thrilled for this new part of his life. He is smart, witty, kind, compassionate, brilliant, gifted, diligent, and even responsible. I feel tremendously grateful to be his mother.

3 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog today and love it already! What really caught my eye is that you appear to live close to where we live. We're in Cumberland Gap and my husband is attending LMU's medical school. We're those people who actually go to Gatlinburg (our girls love the aquarium) but we haven't hiked any there. We've done lots in the national park that is our backyard, basically! Our oldest turns five this summer and I'm considering homeschooling. I appreciated this post celebrating your son's 18th birthday as I think about what the future holds for our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Amber! We actually do love the aquarium in G-burg--as long as it isn't spring break!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.