Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thirteen



Six months.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Six.

Seven.

Eight.


Nine.

Ten.


Eleven.


Twelve.




Thirteen.


Today my little girl becomes a teenager. I love everything about her. She truly fills my heart with joy. She is the person I want to be when I grow up. She's kind, encouraging, and loving—she's the kind of friend we all need. She's sweet but she's not a pushover. She does things she doesn't necessarily want to do because she knows she should; but she knows her own boundaries, for the most part, even at age 13. I truly am astounded that this person is my daughter. And very, very blessed.

Linked up with Tuesdays Unwrapped on Chatting at the Sky

9 comments:

  1. Doesn't time fly?! Love the pictures. My dd is going to be 14 the 21st of September. Goes way too fast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww- she is just growing into a beautiful young woman- you ARE truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet sentiment - to be like her, when you grow up. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely tribute. I have a 14 year old daughter and completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is amazing - loved seeing the photos of her change over the years. I know you're a proud momma and about to embark on these teenage years is sure to be an adventure! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a lovely young lady! Happy belated birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are such a loving mama, friend. thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day. bless you, e.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my girls turned thirteen this week too! She is the fourth teenager in our house now. Happy birthday to your gierl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter had her birthday Monday and I thought about you and how last year at this time year I did my 'At least she's not twelve post'. Then I panicked and realized that writing that post felt like just yesterday and somehow ANOTHER year just snuck on by! Sheesh.

    Your daughter is beautiful, Sarah. I am glad you have had all these years with her at home to get to know each other.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.