Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Gloomy Day

Isn't that a dreadful title for a post? I am writing an entire post about the weather. But really, this has been the rainiest fall I can ever remember in my total 16 autumns in East Tennessee. I'm afraid that all the leaves will be washed off the trees before they even reach their glorious peak.

Of course I'm happy for the rain. I've heard we might have a cold, snowy winter this year. This Yankee girl would find that delightful, if just for a few weeks. And I look forward to how amazingly beautiful our spring flowers will be with all this rain.

Sunday and Monday were absolutely gorgeous, and I longed to get up into the mountains. Instead, we settled for our own backyard. Our trees are just beginning to turn, and the skies were that wonderful shade of blue that looks even bluer after days of gray. We took lots of pictures. You have to, on days like that.





I know, I know: the sun really will come out tomorrow, or the next day, or the next. In the meantime, we have warm sweaters, hot chocolate, and popcorn.

9 comments:

  1. my comment:
    I want your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are absolutely beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great photos. Your family looks like they are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was that payback for me distracting you the other day? Now I have Annie theme songs running wild in my mind!

    Thinking of a day that's gray and lonlelyyyyy....I just stick out my chin, and grin, and say... Oh!....Tomorrow...

    Thanks for that, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the pictures you posted. For all that gloomy weather, you all look so happy together. You're right about what all the rain will one day bring... a beautiful spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! We've had so much rain too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.