Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Mother

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
~Abraham Lincoln


With her brothers Max and Henry, about 1930


With Max, WWII


Senior picture, 1944


With James, on the way to California before my Dad went to Korea, 1951


With James and baby John, 1953

With James, John, and baby Peter, 1957

Nine years later, with the addition of Stephen and me, 1966


31 years later at Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniverary, with the addition of 8 grandchildren (1 yet to come), 1998

My mother and me, last summer




5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I love all of those wonderful pictures you posted of her. They are amazing. I wish my mom had taken more as life went on. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old pictures! And the last picture is great, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great video tribute, Sarah. I love the old black & white ones. You favor her. :) I love that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Great pictures! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.