Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Word-Filled Wednesday

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." (Colossians 2: 16&17)

A couple of days ago when I was taking pictures of my yard, I saw the shadow of this forsythia against the house. I immediately thought about this passage. Our minister has been going through Colossians at church and covered this passage on Sunday. I was really struck by this visual image of the shadow—because I focused in on the shadow, and not at the plant itself.

It is so very easy for me to get distracted by the shadows of life: the pettiness, the fleeting aggravations. We love to smirk at the Pharisees and Sadduccees, but we carry our own gavels, gloating while we stand on shifting shadows.

(See more Word-filled Wednesday posts at the 160-Acre Wood.)

6 comments:

  1. I love that you captured it and the Word was brought to your mind. Isn't that just like God!!

    Thank you for sharing it with us today! Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very true your words. thanks for sharing a wonderful picture to capture your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Thank you for the reminder to focus on what is truly important. Grace & peace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said. I really like how you captured that in your picture. My eyes went right to the shadow. Thanks for this WFW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love the picture and verse, and the way you captured it perfectly. Happy WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that really brings light to that verse!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.