Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer Project Completed!

July 6, 2008

This past week I've been attacking my summer project with single-minded determination. Randy and Jesse were gone for the whole week with Group Workcamps, doing amazing things with 350 other teens and adult leaders to help the disadvantaged and needy in a town in rural Ohio. So while they were scraping, painting, digging post holes, hammering, getting blisters, getting wet and muddy, and taking cold showers, I worked tirelessly at home in the air-conditioned kitchen. Duncan and Laurel were absolute angels while I peeled, sanded, spackled and painted, and today we are all enjoying our pretty kitchen.





We added curtains, outlet covers, and a new paper towel holder today. (Who knew it would be so hard to find a wall-mounted paper towel holder in something other than white plastic?) All I really have left is to replace some trim and scrape a lot of paint drippings off the cabinets.

Next project: rip up the vinyl and tile the kitchen floor!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I need to do something new in our kitchen for the flooring...I can't wait to see the pictures of that.

    I do love the new look you made in the kitchen. It's very bright. I was too chicken to go bright like that - we went with peach. :-)

    lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.