Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Have Random Things to Say

March 8, 2008



I have had all of my coherent thoughts already today, from approximately 2-5 p.m., so now I am back to the kind of random, disorganized thinking that goes on after spending the night on a cot in a gymnasium surrounded by lots of other semi-sleeping people and an array of strange noises. So here's what I have to say:

* The sleepover was so very much fun. There was this chocolate pie that was amazing, and we played Dictionary (which I haven't played in about 20 years) (which is now sold as the board game Balderdash but we always just played with a plain old dictionary), and we played Baloney Sandwich (which is the nice moms version of BS), and I laughed a lot, and I slept horribly.

* I awoke at 8 a.m. to moms saying, "We need to hurry and get out of here or we'll get snowed in!" We finally got snow, and it was thick and beautiful and for just a minute (when I couldn't open my frozen car doors), I remembered what it's like to live in the North.

Poor little snow-laden daffodils. Shake it off, guys! It'll be in the 60s again next week!

* I took a nap when I got home.

* I made The Pioneer Woman's Penne a la Betsy for supper tonight, and it was positively, enormously fabulous. I cannot even express how delicious this is. Also this week I made her Pasta Primavera and her Pot Roast. I am pretty sure that all her recipes are absolutely amazing. I am trying hard not to make her Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever because I am sure I would eat the entire thing.

* The article I wrote for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine for the Summer 2007 issue called "Homeschooling and American Heritage Girls" is now available to download at the AHG website. I hope I'm inspired again soon to write another article about something or other because I do enjoy seeing my name in print. What? Who doesn't?

* And that's all about all I have to say. Duncan's shouting for me to wash him up, Laurel's about to keel over from lack of sleep after last night's sleepover, and we have some teenage boys with angst who need therapy here this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.