Friday, February 15, 2008

And the Results Are In...

February 15, 2008

I have to say that I absolutely loved running this Tell Us Your Love Story contest! Each and every one of these stories was absolutely fabulous. If you haven't read them, you must:


There were two components for this contest: a love story and a goofy picture. The love stories were purely spectacular. I am pretty sure I got all choked up at some point with each and every story. And each story contained something of the profound, some nugget of wisdom. And the photos: wow. That is really all I can say. I have to say that the one that made me laugh the hardest was of Neal and Kristina, not only because of the paint-by-number Jesus between them but because of Kristina's pursed lips. Hilarious.

But this was always meant to be a random drawing, and so....


The contestants....



The drawing (that's Laurel picking the name)...



And the winner! Congratulations, Angel!


I liked Angel's story particularly because, like me, she told her beloved that she didn't need a ring and then received, as did I, "a simple, inexpensive, amethyst ring." And also, her picture cracked me up. She is sobbing not because of wedding jitters but because " I'm sobbing because my d*emon-possessed maternal grandmother just disturbed me in my dressing room."

Thanks, everybody, for playing! This was so much fun that I'll have to think of another contest run again soon. I wish I could send you all prizes, but I'm not rich, people. Angel, however, will be receiving an amazon.com gift certificate in her email box soon.

Post A Comment!.....


Comments

Friday, February 15, 2008 - Well, thanks!

Posted by anotherblogonthefire (216.221.68.123)

Thanks for running the contest and laughing at our picture!

I have to say that I believe I won out of all of the boy entries, though... congratulations to Angel anyway!

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Friday, February 15, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by EEEEMommy (74.132.33.166)

Wow! Thank you very much!!! :)
This was a great contest. I don't think I'd ever written out our story before. I'm glad for the opportunity to do it while I still remember. :)
I've also enjoyed reading everybody elses, and the goofy picture was a fun twist!

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Saturday, February 16, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by 3rsandahug (72.19.177.137)

I loved this contest. It was a great idea!

Congratulations to Angel!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.