Monday, December 24, 2007

Monday Memory: Christmas Eve, 2000

December 24, 2007


Christmas Eve, seven years ago, I remember being at Christmas Eve service at church, absolutely filled to capacity: with abundant joy, the thrill of anticipation, and apprehension. I also felt a tremendous kinship with Mary, and, like Mary, I was treasuring all these things in my heart.

And I was thinking, "I'm not really going to have this baby on Christmas Day, am I?"

I wonder why I was so opposed to having a baby on Christmas Day. It makes the day all the more special. And the picture above was actually taken on New Year's Eve, Duncan's first night home. I can still smell that sweet baby. And I'm still pondering in my heart and treasuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.