Friday, October 19, 2007

Big Bully

October 19, 2007


I have no explanation, no reason as to why I feel like a snapping turtle today. But I do. Some days are like that. Some days, I want to move to Australia. Some days, I am pretty sure I look like Linda Blair in The Exorcist at least once per hour, especially when anything resembling a whine comes out of a child's mouth. (Any child. It doesn't have to be mine.) Some days, I picture myself looking like Dawn McNamara, who was our neighborhood bully growing up. She was big and mean and stomped around in a threatening way. She stole Barbies and threw them in the creek. I think her hands were always clenched.

Yeah. That's what I was today--a big bully. A scowling, snapping, head-spinning bully. I shall find comfort in a good book and bed and heed the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.