Monday, July 24, 2006

July 24: Summer Slice of Life

"He said the pleasantest manner of spending a hot July day was lying from morning till evening on a bank of heath in the middle of the moors, with the bees humming dreamily about among the bloom, and the larks singing high up overhead, and the blue sky and bright sun shining steadily and cloudlessly" (Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights).

I'm not giving up on summer yet. I still have a week's vacation coming up on Seneca Lake in my hometown in New York, and then the promise of plenty of fun in August. But below are snippets from just a few of my favorite summer activities thus far. More, I'm sure, are yet to come.


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.