Friday, November 18, 2005

Nov. 18, 2005: The Best Bruschetta

November 18, 2005
The Best Bruschetta
I love having Thanksgiving at my brother's house. They make all the big stuff, and I get to bring fun extras, like pies and appetizers. I made this bruschetta for our annual Soup and Pumpkin Party, and it was a huge hit. I am bringing this to our Thanksgiving get-together for an evening snack.

Bruschetta

3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, finely diced
salt to taste
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
3 TBS chopped pitted black and/or green olives
3 TBS finely slivered fresh basil or 1 tsp. Dried
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
pepper to taste
one baguette or other bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices

1. In colander, season tomatoes with salt, stir, and let drain for about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine oil, olives, basil, and garlic until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Add to tomatoes to mixture and stir to combine.
3. Broil or grill slices of bread. Put tomato mixture on bread slices and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.